Chief Finance Officer
Share this role
- Metropolitan Police Service
- Closing date:
- 10th December 2023 (Midnight)
- Job Ref:
The CFO is an executive level position, reporting into the Chief People and Resources Officer. As the most senior finance role, the CFO will be a trusted advisor to the Commissioner and Management Board and will have responsibility for managing the Metropolitan Police Service's significant budget and financial strategy. The CFO will have overall leadership of the Finance Directorate comprising of circa 100 staff and direct responsibility for managing the Directorate budget of circa £8m per annum.
The CFO will be a strategic partner to Metropolitan Police Service, enabling and working in support of the wider change agenda at the heart of the organisation.
- To enable the Metropolitan Police Service to deliver its policing mission creating maximum operational impact from financial resources.
- To transform and modernise the finance function to deliver value for money and driving efficiencies across the MPS.
- To provide expert advice to the Commissioner and Management Board as the senior finance professional and Board advisor, shaping a culture of good finance practice across the organisation.
- To discharge the statutory and regulatory financial requirements and work collaboratively with MOPAC CFO.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please submit:
1. A CV. Setting out your career history, with key responsibilities and achievements.
2. A Personal Statement. Explaining how you consider your personal skills, qualities and experience provide evidence of your suitability for the role.